We’re all used to see stuffed grape-leaves or cabbage leaves when anybody ask you ‘want some stuffed rolls?’ Now it’s time to learn new recipes in order to change our eating habits. You can make this vegan rolls as main dish or hey you guys, you can eat with your protein source as side dish. And here we go!
- 12 Large Swiss Chard Leaves
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 beetroot, cooked
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1/4 cup diced parsley
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cummin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lemon zest
- In a large bowl, gently mix all your roll ingredients except beetroot, chickpea and Swiss chard leaves.
- Blend your cooked chickpeas and beetroot with blender.
- And add it into your large bowl and mix all them gently.
- Put in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- While your filling chills, boil a pot of water.
- Dip your Swiss chard leaves into your boiling water while carefully holding onto the stem. Count to 15 and remove.
- Lay your leaves flat on clean dish towel to soak up extra water.
- Now it’s time to roll. Place your leaves flat on a cutting board with the flat side.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of your filling in the center of the largest end of your leaf.
- Fold in sides, then roll upward tightly and add seam-side down to tin.
- Alternatively, place sauce and rolls in a medium baking dish. Top with tomatoe sauce, transfer to oven, and bake until warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Finally enjoy your swiss chard rolls while they’re warm.